Search Engine

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Is Milk The Enemy

About a month or so ago my Doctor called me to let me know about my yearly physical. She said my blood preasure and all that came back perfect as always because I workout and eat right most of the time. She had only one problem. I was not getting enough vitamin D and showed signs of being a little anemic. Now to anyone else that would be nothing but to me it was something. I was like WTF lol I drink gallons of milk a week. How can I be anemic and not be getting enough vitamin D. This got me to thinking hmmm maybe milk doesn't do a body good. I have always been a milk drinker since I was a kid and I've always had certain ailments (pain in side,bloating & some others that I think are TMI lol) that I never assumed could be caused by milk until talking to one of my friends on twitter (@Healthierme) and doing a little research of my own. I've been off of milk for almost 2 weeks now and so far no more pain in my side. Now I'm still not tottally convinced that milk is the enemy but for me it just doesn't do it. Millions of people don't do dairy products, an estimated 75 percent of Blacks, Latinos, and Native Americans--and 90 percent of Asians--don't produce enough lactase, the enzyme needed to digest milk sugar, or lactose. Check out these website for more info http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2442/is-cows-milk-the-worst-beverage-on-earth  http://www.notmilk.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment