John Wooden was one of the best basketball coaches of all time. He coached UCLA from 1948 to 1975. During that time he had 10 National Championships, four perfect 30-0 seasons, and an 88 game winning streak. R.I.P Mr. Wooden October 14, 1910 – June 4, 2010
When he graduated from elementary school, his dad gave him a $2 bill and a card with “Seven Things to Do”: JohnWooden carried the card with him the rest of his life. This is what the card read:
1. Be true to yourself.
2. Help others.
3. Make each day your masterpiece.
4. Drink deeply from good books.
5. Make friendship a fine art.
6. Build a shelter against a rainy day.
7. Pray for guidance, and count and give thanks for your blessings every day.