Search Engine

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Epic Workout


I call this workout epic because after I finished the other guys that where in the gym just looked at me with the WTH face O-o lol. If you don't know what that is believe me after I finish telling you what I did you will.

I created this workout to try & get me ready to run a 10K for charity to help fight heart disease . The catchy part is that I am not a runner at all and I have less than a month to become one.

I started the workout off by doing sprints at full speed, one minute interavals for 30 mins. After that I did the 2 min cool down before hitting the weights. I took about 25% off what I would normally lift so I could do each weight training exercise slow & controlled. (5 seconds up 5 seconds down) I had to get to 12 reps but by rep 8 I was shaking. After all the weight training training exercises where done I took a water break then went right to plyo/calisthenics exercises. (All done with explosiveness)

1 set 8-12 reps slow

Barbell Squat
Calf Raise w/Barbell
Leg Extention

Rest 1 min

Box Jumps for 30 seconds
Side Jumps (land on one foot) 30 seconds

1 set 8-12 reps slow

Bench Press
Curls
Behind the neck overhead press (W/just the barbell)

Rest 1 min

Plyo Push ups for 30 seconds
Wide Push Ups for 30 seconds
Dive Bomber Push Ups 30 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment